TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
DAN-LOC GROUP – STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- PRICE. Quoted prices are based upon present freight rates. Buyer shall pay any increased costs resulting from such changes or from Buyer’s selection of means of transportation. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all taxes or other charges by any national, state, or municipal government upon the sale, use, production, or transportation of Product which Seller is required to pay.
- PRICE ADJUSTMENTS. Seller may adjust Product prices at any Price quoted is good for 10 calendar days from the time the quote was provided by Seller. In the event price protection is stated in a written agreement between the parties, Seller may temporarily suspend such Product’s price protection in extra ordinary market conditions as determined by Seller in its sole discretion. Seller shall reinstate the Product’s price protection upon Seller’s determination that the market condition for the Product is no longer extraordinary.
- PAYMENT. Payment terms are net 30 days from date of invoice. Past due balances are subject to a late payment charge of 2 1/2% per month, or the maximum amount permitted by applicable law, whichever is be more. Buyer shall pay all charges, costs and legal fees incurred in collecting amounts owed.
- TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS. Title and risk of loss for Products transfers to Buyer at Seller’s shipping point.
- WARRANTY. Seller warrants that Seller branded Products conform to Seller’s published specifications at the time of delivery. Seller warrants that services provided by Seller will be consistent with Seller’s standard specifications or, if none, with Seller’s standard practices.
- REMEDIES. Seller’s liability for nonconforming Products is exclusively limited, at Seller’s option, to replacement of the defective Products or refund of the purchase price of such Products. Seller’s liability for any defective or negligent service is limited to Seller re-performing the service or a refund of an amount not to exceed the amount paid for the service, or, if the services were provided free of charge, to pay an amount not to exceed the amount paid for the Products to which the services related in the 12 months prior to the event of the liability.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. In no event will seller be liable for incidental, special or consequential, indirect, exemplary or punitive damages from any cause or for any reason whatsoever, irrespective of whether the claim arises from actual or alleged breach of warranty, indemnification , breach of contract, product liability, contribution or any legal theory and in no event will seller be liable for lost profits, costs or losses not associated with direct physical damage to property for any claims made under or related to this agreement. In no event shall seller’s liability exceed the purchase price of the products that are the subject of this agreement for any claims made under or related to this agreement. Regardless of whether such damages were foreseeable and whether or not buyer has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and notwithstanding the failure of any agreed or other remedy of its essential purpose. In no event shall seller’s liability exceed the purchase price of the products that are the subject of this agreement for any claims made under or related to this agreement.
- INDEMNITY. Buyer agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Seller, its officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from all claims, demands, actions, and causes of action relating to personal injury or property damage to third parties, including attorney’s fees and actual costs (“Claims”) incurred as a result thereof, to the extent of its negligence or arising after delivery of the Products to Buyer. Seller agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Buyer, its officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from Claims to the extent of its negligence.
- CLAIMS. Any claim for shortage or non-conforming Products must be made in writing to Seller within 30 days after Buyer’s receipt of the Product. Any claim for non-delivery of Product must be made within 30 days after the date upon which the Product was to be delivered. As to any claim not reasonably discoverable within such 30-day period (including claims discoverable only in processing, further manufacture, other use, or resale), such claim must be in writing and received by Seller within 90 days after Buyer’s receipt of the Products. Failure of Seller to receive written notice of any such claim within the applicable time-period shall be deemed an absolute and unconditional waiver by Buyer of such claim. Products may not be returned without Seller’s permission and transportation for return will not be paid by Seller unless authorized in advance in writing by the Seller. Amounts owing to or payable by either party under this Agreement shall be deemed finally reconciled on the first anniversary of the final delivery under this agreement and any outstanding rights of either party to receive overpayments or under payments including rights to unclaimed credits or refunds shall expire on such date.
- FORCE MAJEURE. Seller is not liable for nonperformance or delay in performance caused by circumstances beyond Seller’s control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes, without limitation, (a) acts of God, natural disasters, pandemic, war, riots, fire, explosions, floods, strikes, lockouts, injunctions, accidents, Product short supply, unforeseen shutdown of major sources of supply, breakage of machinery or apparatus, or national emergency, (b) Seller’s inability to obtain at prices Seller deems in its discretion to be commercially reasonable, the Product, fuel, power, raw materials, labor, containers or transportation facilities, (c) the occurrence of any unforeseeable contingency making performance impracticable, or (d) compliance in good faith with any applicable governmental statute, regulation, or order. Any delivery so suspended shall be cancelled without liability, but this Agreement shall otherwise remain unaffected. This section does not apply to payment obligations.
- PRODUCT STEWARDSHIP. Buyer agrees that Products will be used, handled, stored, transported, and disposed of in such a manner as is necessary for the safety and protection of persons, property and the environment and in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and applicable laws and regulations. Buyer agrees to instruct its employees with respect to, and to make certain that they know and understand, procedures necessary to enable them to comply with the requirements set forth herein and make certain that they are adequately trained in the use, handling, storage, transportation, and disposition of the Products. Buyer further agrees to deliver the most recent edition of Product literature, including SDSs, to its employees and customers and to maintain a written record of such deliveries. Buyer shall only sell to those who can handle, use, store, transport and dispose of Products safety.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. The Term is for the period stated in the Agreement or, if none, continues until terminated by either party on 30 days written notice. This Agreement and any order or delivery may be terminated or suspended (a) by either party if any proceeding under bankruptcy is brought by or against the party, (b) by a party if the other party defaults in its material obligations and such default is not cured within a reasonable time to be defined as 45 days if such default is curable, or (c) by Seller if it has reason to doubt the ability or willingness of Buyer to pay for the Products.
- ARBITRATION. The parties will submit any dispute related to this Agreement to arbitration in the state of Texas before one arbitrator under the American Arbitration Association’s Commercial Arbitration A party may seek interim relief from any court having jurisdiction without waiving any remedy under this Agreement. The arbitrator may not award punitive damages or other damages not measured by actual damages, or limit, expand or otherwise modify the terms of this Agreement. A party may enter a judgment on an award in any court having jurisdiction. The prevailing party is entitled to an award of all reasonable attorney fees. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the state of Texas.
What can Dan-Loc do for you?
A knowledgeable representative will respond as soon as possible. Thank you!
Dan-Loc wants you to have the information you need and answer any questions you have. Please fill out the contact form, email us, or give us a call on the number below.
LOUISIANA DAN-LOC EXPRESS LOCATION
6059 Commerce Pointe Drive, Geismar, LA 70734
Click to call: (255) 644-6449